To schedule an appointment with a sex therapist (also trained in traditional individual psychotherapy, couples counseling & marriage therapy) in Center City Philadelphia, call (267) 324-9564
What can you expect from sex therapy?
Sex therapy is superior to other forms of therapy for sexual problems because sex therapists have specific training in sexual function and dysfunction. Additionally, many of our sex therapists have specialized in sex addiction treatment.. In your sessions you will have the opportunity to talk openly about your most personal problems and receive specific suggestions about how to solve them.
What will happen in your sessions?
The first few sessions are spent getting to know you and understanding your problem. You will explore your psycho-social background and your family dynamics. Special emphasis will be placed on your sexual history, including how you learned about sexuality, and how you developed your sexual values and your sexual behaviors to date. The trained therapist, with your input, will develop an appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan.
Typically, treatment begins using a behavioral model (with special exercises given at the end of each session to be practiced at home by yourself or with your partner). Treatment is usually short-term. However, when necessary, the therapist will work with you to resolve long-term underlying issues which may inhibit free expression of sexuality. Please note, all of our sex therapists are also trained in couples therapy and marriage counseling. Some of our sex therapists have specific training in sex addiction recovery, sexual trauma, gender dysphoria, and kink as well as alternative life styles. We work with clients who are single, dating, separated, divorced or married. Call today and speak with our founder Alex Caroline Robboy (267) 324-9564 and she can help identify which of our sex therapists would be the best match for you.
- How To Choose A Therapist
- The Right Therapist
- How To Get The Most Out Of Individual Therapy
- How To Get The Most Out Of Couples Counseling
- How To Get The Most Out Of Your Sex Therapist
- How To Tell Someone You Are In Therapy
- Should I Tell My Partner I Am In Counseling?
What happens in regular therapy?
- Individual Therapy: Individual therapy involves one-to-one interaction with a trained therapist. Typically, a client meets with a therapist once a week until the client feels satisfied. Nearly everyone can benefit from individual therapy. Individual therapy can help people gain insight about themselves and discover the tools they need to achieve their own goals. For example, people often seek therapy because they feel depressed, experience panic attacks, have trouble dating, feel lonely, or feel fat but are unable to maintain a diet or workout routine. Individual therapy can help clients to develop healthy patterns and routines to cope with life’s ongoing life challenges.
- Couples Therapy & Marriage Counseling: Couples therapy / Marriage counseling involves two-to-one interaction with a trained therapist. In couples therapy, the two people in a relationship typically meet weekly with a therapist. Couples therapy is appropriate for all persons in relationships. Many people seek couples therapy to save a failing relationship or to work through a specific issue. Others seek couples therapy to prepare for marriage, or to gain clarity about their vulnerabilities as a couple. Sometimes one or both partners pursue individual therapy concurrently — in addition to couples therapy — to address individual issues interfering with the relationship. Couples therapy can strengthen the bond between partners.
- Family Therapy: Family therapy typically involves one therapist meeting with an entire family (or several family members) to address issues that impact the whole family. Family therapy is a useful modality to help strengthen the ways in which family members relate to one another. Frequently, parents seek out family therapy when they are not getting along with their children, their kids are ‘out of control’, or there is immense sibling rivalry. Other times, family therapy is sought when a family’s capacity to handle life’s stressors is diminished due to difficult transitions, such as divorce, the loss of a job, the return of a parent to the workplace, a death in the family, or the creation of a blended family.
When seeking therapy it is always preferable to choose a therapist who has experience in helping clients with similar issues. For example, while most therapists have some knowledge about sexuality issues, sexual problems are best managed by a therapist who concentrates on sexual function/dysfunction issues and has received specialized training in these areas. Similarly, someone seeking help for an eating disorder is best helped by a therapist who specializes in eating disorders.
Call (267)324-9564 to schedule a sex therapist appointment. Our organization is close to people living in Abbotsford Homes, Academy Gardens, Academyville, Alden Park Manor, Allegheny West, Andorra, Ardmore, Ashton Wooden Bridge, Bartram Village, Bella Vista, Belmont, Blue Grass, Brewey Town, Broomall, Bryn Mar, Bridgeport, Byberry, Bustleton, Byberry, Caroll Park, Cedar Grove, Cedar Park, Chinatown, Chestnut Hill, Chopersville, Claymont, Cobbs Creek, Conshocken, Crestmont Farms, Chester, Devon, Drexel Hill, East Mount Airy, East Falls, Elkins Park, Elmwood, Feltonville, Fishers, Fishtown, Fitler Square, Folcroft, Francisville, Garden Court, Germantown, Girard Estate, Gladwyne, Glenside, Glen Willow, Glenside, Grays Ferry, Jenkintown, Kensington, Haverford, Lafayette Hill, Manayunk, Mafair, Mechanicsville, Merion, Mount Airy, Narberth, Old City, Olney, Overbrook, Oxford Circle, Oxford Villiage, Lansdowne, Paoli, Pennypack Woods, Pennsport, Pennyback, Philadelphia, Philmont, Pittville, Plymouth Meeting, Point Breeze, Poplar, Port Richmond, Powelton, Queen Village, Radnor, Rhawnhurst, Rittenhouse, Roxborough, Ryers, Saint Martins, Shawmont, Schuylkill, Sharswood, Society Hill, Somerton, Somerville, Southwest Center City, Springfield, Spring Garden, Spruce Hill, Stenton, Strawberry Mansion, Summerdale, Tabor, Tacony, Tasker Homes, Tiogoa, Torresdale, Upsal, University City, Wayne, Wayne Junction, West Conshoken, West Torresdale, West Mount Airy, West Oak Lane, Wissahickon, Wissinoming, Wister, Wharton, Whitman, Woodlyn Wynnefield, Yeadon, Bellmawr, Camden, Cherry Hill, Collingswood, Audubon, golden Triangle, Haddonfield, Merchantville, Oaklyn, Tavistock, Woodlynee, Southern Jersey. If you live further away, like in Boston, DC, New York City, Pittsburg, San Fran, San Antonio, Scottsdale, etc and wish to schedule an appointment with a sex therapist schedule an appointment
Not interested in sex therapy, and you simply want some self help tips