Shannon Oliver-O’neil, LCSW
Art Museum Office Location: 2401 Pennsylvania Ave, Suite 1b2, Philadelphia PA 19130
Center for Growth | Philadelphia, PA
Individual, Couples and Sex Therapist| April 2016 – Present
- Provided individual, couples and group therapy sessions focusing on sexual function, relationship health and grief.
- Wrote weekly client-facing articles on issues of sexual dysfunction and compulsive behaviors.
Educational Theater Company at University of Michigan | Ann Arbor, MI | Assistant Director Aug 2014- Apr 2016
- Created and implemented theater-based curriculum for student facilitators re: sexual assault prevention, anti-racist bystander intervention and survivor support.
- Wrote and directed performances for Transfer Student Orientation programs, assisted in direction of Freshman Student Orientation and Change It Up Bystander Intervention performances.
Starfish Family Services Lifespan Clinic | Livonia, MI | Clinical Intern Jan 2015- Jan 2016
- Provided individual and family therapy sessions using CBT and TF-CBT modalities to youth and their parents
- Conducted intake assessments for new clients and completed relevant CMH paperwork and referrals.
For Youth Inquiry (FYI) | Chicago, IL | Co-Founder, Program Director Jun 2011 – Aug 2014
- Created theater and visual arts curriculum for grades 6-12 addressing National Sexual Health Education topic areas such as biological development, emotional regulation, relationship and communication skills, and risk reduction.
- Envisioned and implemented educational program strategies, structures and approach.
- Sold and staffed FYI youth programs, handled client paperwork, collected and analyzed evaluation data.
- Sought out community partnerships; increased youth served from 1,000 to 2,500 from 2012 to 2014.
Rape Victim Advocates | Chicago, IL | Medical Advocate Jul 2012 – Jul 2014
- Provided crisis counseling to adult survivors of sexual assault during medical examinations. Utilized CBT and somatic techniques to combat flashbacks, panic attacks and other symptoms of trauma-related disorders.
- Advocated for medical and legal rights of survivors pertaining to medical treatment and evidence collection.
NU Women’s Center| Evanston, IL | Peer Education Coordinator Jun 2011- 2013
- Led support groups using theater therapy techniques to process and respond to gendered violence and oppression.
- Facilitated student creation of peer education curriculum around gender identity and expression.
- Coordinated and staffed peer education programs in campus residence halls and organizations.
Northwestern University| Evanston, IL | “Student Body” Sexual Assault Orientation Producer Apr 2011–Aug 2014
- Provided trauma response training to all actors participating in performance portion of program.
- Coordinated staffing and implementation of orientation programs, created and managed program budget.
Ag47 Girls Collective| Chicago, IL | Mentor Sept 2011- 2013
- Facilitated artistic growth and self-expression for underserved girls ages 11-15 through visual art workshops.
After School Matters | Chicago, IL | Program Instructor Aug 2011- Apr 2012
- Worked with high school students to create and implement visual arts curriculum exploring loss, grief, and violence.
Clinical Scholars Award | University of Michigan
Dean’s Scholarship Award | University of Michigan
Deru Honors in Leadership | Northwestern University
University of Michigan | Ann Arboy, MI | Certificate in Sex Therapy 2016
University of Michigan | Ann Arbor, MI | MSW 2015
Northwestern University | Evanston, IL | BA: Gender Studies, Theater 2011