Christian Dozier, MA
Work Phone: New Clients: 267-324-9564
Work Phone: Existing Clients 215-922-5683 x 6
Arcadia University –Glenside, PA – Completing courses for M.S. in Psychology 9/2007-2013
Arcadia University –Glenside, PA – Bachelors of Psychology 9/1999-5/2003
Center for Growth, PA 2012-Current
Conduct counseling with couples and individuals. Area of focus: sexual and intimacy issues, depression, anxiety, grief, trauma, addiction and presenting problems that impact daily functioning.
Assessment and Treatment Alternatives, PA 2010-2011
Conducted intake semi structured interviews for referred clients. Administered assessment instruments. Engaged in case conceptualization.
Pennsylvania State University-Philadelphia, PA
Senior Project Technologist 2009-2011
Conducting a research project by implementing several measures to examine mothers and their risk for neglect. Schedule meetings with participants and interpret data collected.
Carson Valley Children’s Aid – Philadelphia, PA
Permanency Worker 2008-2009
Provide case management services and support for five biological families who are trying to reach the goal of reunification. Act as advocate in court for biological families that reached their goals. Conduct interviews for prospective adoptive families that are interested in adoption. Facilitate stabilization with children currently in foster homes by facilitating the goal of PLC.
Carson Valley Children’s Aid- Philadelphia, PA
Provide case management services and support for eight families at a time who have been referred to DHS care. Serve as the coordinator of services and supports for each family, overseeing the development and implementation of the Family Service Plan, Provider Service Plan and safety plans. Responsibilities Include: Facilitate case planning meetings with family and support teams, provide families with support services that include crisis intervention and stabilization; emergency availability; ongoing information-gathering in support of active intervention; collaborative development and modification of the Provider Service Plan; help family reach their goals in achieving stabilization.
CPI/Sears Portrait Studio – King of Prussia, PA 2005-2008
Provide photography services, such as prepare for, coordinate and capture memorable expressions and moments for children, adults, and family portraits. Maintain and monitor product sales, as well as, ensure asset protection by reviewing product inventory to guarantee that internal theft does not occur, and conduct checks and balances for cash control accounting on a daily basis. Manage a staff of five to twelve associates, by producing weekly work schedules, and providing training and counseling sessions to promote group cohesiveness.
- Promoted three times within the past two years.
- At the start of employment, developed and implemented a new organizational system that created a more efficient and effective portrait studio.
- Train store District Managers in the areas of monitoring product sales, customer portrait preferences, and staff professional development.
Tabor Children Services – Philadelphia, PA 2003-2005
Foster Care Social Worker
Provided counseling services to 15 to 20 youth clients with behavioral difficulties, such as anger management and stress coping skills that they could utilize in both school and home environments. Escorted youth clients to court proceedings as an advocate in order to ensure that their rights were upheld. Encouraged and provided counseling services to the biological parents and children in an effort to establish and maintain amicable home environments. Assured and provided youth with a highly structured and supportive therapeutic program, as well as processed all documentation, and maintained client files. Prepared and maintained individualized support services for youth clients, as well as, prepared and presented succinct and accurate clinical insight and assessments, in a timely manner, for review by social worker supervisors.
- Established effective relationships with the Department of Human Services (DHS), Community Behavioral Health, Family Court systems, and the School District of Philadelphia in order to engage and encourage youth to generate positive behavioral change.
Arcadia University – Glenside, PA 2000-2003
Resident Assistant-Resident Life Staff
Organized, monitored, and prepared educational and extra curricula activities for 27 student residents. Provided residents with informational session, focusing on mediation and counseling services. Promoted community development initiatives by encouraging residents to become mentors, as wells as coordinated and hosted monthly groups session for students to discuss academic and personal issues and concerns.
Clicktography, Philadelphia, PA 2007-Present
Owner/Model & Dance Instructor/Photographer
- Teach children ages 7yrs to 18yrs self-esteem building, public speaking, enhancement of interpersonal skills, development of goals, and modeling fundamentals.
- Create, organize, and lead praise dance ensembles. Members ranging in ages from four years of age and older, for church service performances.
The Special Olympics, Philadelphia PA 1998-Present
- Develop recreational activities for children who have special needs, as well as supervise athletes and assist coached in organizing workshops.
Arcadia Association for Special Athletes, President 1999-2003
- Acted as the volleyball coach for athletes with special needs, by training, organizing, and planning various activities for volleyball team.
Arcadia University, Glenside, PA 2002-2003
Mentor for the Act 101 Program
- Counseled, tutored, mediated problems, organized, and coordinated activities for five college students and twenty-five middle school students.