Sexual Health Links
Here are links to many sites we recommend for those interested in sexual health. We have included sites that we think are particularly useful. Not only are there training programs for the professional who are interested in furthering their education, but there are sites that will provide individuals with information (and answers) to their sex related questions.
Instructional Sites: recommended ‘fun’ instructional sites
Professional Organizations: Professional organizations based in the United States
International Organizations: internationally based organizations
Degree Programs: degree programs in the United States and Canada
Certificate Training: continuing education and post-graduate training
(click on the above links or scroll down)
US Professional Organizations
- Advocates for Youth Advocates for youth
- AAMFT American association for marriage and family therapy
- AACAP American Association of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- AACE American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- AASECT American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists
- ABS The American Board of Sexology
- American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children (APSAC)
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- American Public Health Association.
- American Social Health Association (ASHA)
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
- American Society of Andrology
- American Sociological Association (ASA)
- Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers (ATSA)
- Association of Reproductive Health Professionals (ARHP)
- Harry Benjamin International Gender Dysphoria
- Association Health and Behavior Alliance
- International Society for the Study of Personal
- Relationships (ISSPR)
- National Association for Women’s Health (NAWH)
- National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at
- Columbia University (CASA)
- National Council on Family Relations (NCFR)
- National Family Planning and Reproductive Health Association
- North American Menopause Society (NAMS)
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA)
- Sexuality Information and Education Council of the U.S. (SIECUS)
- Social Science Research Council (SSRC)
- Society for Behavioral Medicine
- Society for Behavioral Neuroendocrinology
- Society for Prevention Research
- Society for Sex Therapy and Research (SSTAR)
- Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality (SSSS)
- Society for the Study of Reproduction
- The Society for the Study of Social Problems
- World Association for Sexology(WAS)
- World Psychiatric Association.
- British Association for Sexual and Relationship Therapy
- Deutsche Gesellschaft fÃ¼r Sozialwissenchaftliche
- Sexualforschung (DGSS)
- International Planned Parenthood
- Sex Information and Education Council of Canada (SIECCAN)
- Sociedad Argentina de Sexualidad Humana
- Tavistock and Postman NHS Trust
- Antioch New England — Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program.
- California State University, — Interdisciplinary Minor in Human Sexuality.
- Duke University, — Program in the Study of Gender and Sexualities (SXL). An undergraduate certificate is available in this program.
- The Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Sexuality, graduate programs and professional training
- San Francisco State University, — Human Sexuality Studies Program Minor
- UniversitÃ© du QuÃ©bec Ã Montreal,
- University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, Hawaii
—Pacific Center for Sex and Society– American Institutions with Human Sexuality Programs
- University of Minnesota Medical School, — Program in Human Sexuality,
- Widener University, masters and doctoral programs.
- University of Waterloo— Studies in Sexuality, Marriage, and the Family is one of several interdisciplinary programs of study offered.
- Advocates for Youth,
- Albert Ellis Institute
- American Academy of Clinical Sexologists
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors, and Therapists
- The Behavioral Sciences Research in HIV Infection Training Program,
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Center for Sexuality and Religion (CSR),
- Emory University Summer Program in Family Planning and Human Sexuality,
- Family Planning Program,
- The Fogel Foundation,
- International Planned Parenthood Federation, London, UK.
Midwest Institute of Sexology Offers a certification in sexology and human relations.
- Kinsey Institute,
- Masters and Johnson Trauma, Dissociative Disorders and Sexual Compulsivity Programsat River Oaks Hospital, New Orleans, LA.
- Midwest AIDS Training and Education Center (MATEC),
- Milton H. Erickson Foundation,
- University of Guelph,
- Conference and Training Institute on Sexuality held each summer in June.
- University of Minnesota Program in Human Sexuality -Postdoctoral Clinical/Research Fellowships in Psychology.
To have your site included in our directory, click here for infomation.